Sonoma, CA 95476 US
Purchasing Agent Responsibilities:
- Researching and comparing suppliers, goods, and services.
- Selecting the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality, and cost-efficiency.
- Monitoring inventory levels and determining purchase needs.
- Requesting cost proposals and negotiating contracts and prices.
- Preparing and processing purchase orders.
- Maintaining records of all transactions, purchase orders, receipts, and payments.
- Scheduling and verifying purchase deliveries.
- Building and maintaining positive, long-term supplier relations.
- Directly communicates with factories/vendors via email or telephone to place purchase orders, obtain current lead times, and shipment reschedules
- Maintains all factory pricing, ensuring that all current standard part numbers, costs and pricing are updated in the system
Purchasing Agent Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Previous experience as a purchasing agent or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in CRM and inventory management software programs.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Staffing Coordinator, CSP
Camila is a fan-favorite that takes time to appreciate the important people in her life. She lives and works to make a positive difference. In another life, she would be a realtor on House Hunters. Earlier in this life, she rowed for a whaleboat team in San Francisco!