Napa, CA 94558
Position Summary: Provide technical support to production assembly machines and to other automation equipment; ensuring compliance with internal procedures, quality systems, policies, OSHA standards, and other regulations.
- Lead effort to simplify can size and packaging changeovers.
- 187 ml,/250ml/355ml, 375ml
- 3-pack, 4-pack, 6-pack, master cartons, trays, etc.
- Lead acceptance testing of new production equipment.
- Self-direct weekly/monthly/yearly Preventative Maintenance plan on all equipment. (i.E. Forklifts, pumps, fillers, etc.)
- Maintain equipment records and warranties
- Independently diagnose equipment problems and determine course of action for repairs.
- Recognize and efficiently troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and hydraulic repairs
- Recognize PLC/HMI issues and select appropriate steps to fix problems.
- Test and calibrate equipment to ensure it is functioning within specified standards
- Evaluate completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Ensure safe use of equipment. Maintaining all equipment in a safe manner to prevent injuries.
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Budget maintenance?
- Track equipment efficiency
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organized with the ability to execute with little oversight
- Ability to maintain good relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic and electrical/electronic systems.
- Basic computer skills.
- Perform work in a quality fashion
- Initiative: Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- Attention to Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering: The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it
Stands and walks the majority of shift. Works in the cellar with all wine lab equipment. Moderate use of computer, daily. Moderate use of stairs, daily. Must be able to lift 75 pounds.