Vacaville, CA 95687
Reports to: Procurement Manager
General Purpose: Maintain Steel Coil inventory, ensuring accuracy of inventory log, timely delivery of material to roll-forming, and safely offloading inbound loads.
Some Excel and computer experience is required.
- Receive, verify accurate product details, and log all stock and special order product. Place in appropriate space.
- Maintain inventory log on an ongoing basis.
- Deliver correct product to production for order needed.
- Return product from production to appropriate space and update product labeling.-? Ensure timely notification of used product to Purchasing.
- Maintain current labeling after product returned from production with new quantities or weights.
- Ensure oldest inventory is used first.
- Ensure priority of product usage based on established guidelines.
- Prepare product for shipping as needed.
- Report all damaged or incorrect product to Procurement Manager.
- Perform inventory counts at month end and investigate missing product.
- Ensure used product log is updated and current at all times.
- Safely operate forklifts.
- Complete training by supervisor.
- Comply with all safety and company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 hours per day, as well as any assigned overtime including weekends (Saturday and/or Sunday).
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment with extreme temperatures and some outdoor exposure.
- Must have the physical and mental ability, including omnidirectional spatial awareness and capability, to operate a standard forklift and a CombiLift successfully.
- Must be able to use tools, equipment, machinery, etc.
- Must have good mathematics skills, the ability to accurately use a tape measure and weight scale, and be knowledgeable in the metric measurement system.
- Must be able to use a computer and commonly used software with intermediate proficiency
- Must be proficient in MS Excel specifically.
- Must have visual acuity, discernment of color & texture, and finger dexterity.