Vacaville, CA 95687
-Effectively use AutoCAD to produce accurate CAD drawings of IMP structures and buildings according to generally accepted drafting and construction practices.
-Effectively and accurately complete assigned drafting and BoM tasks with guidance.
- Effectively produce basic/box projects with minimal unusual conditions or unusual product applications (e.G. Horizontal, cold-storage, etc.) with few errors.
- Read and understand drafting schedule to determine priorities with the aid of Project Manager(s) and/or Drafting Manager.
- Possess basic understanding of construction engineering and use AWIP calculators/spreadsheets effectively and properly.
- Follow SOP/Best practices.
- Gain basic proficiency in construction terminology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of AutoCAD I course and 1+ year experience with AutoCAD, or equivalent proficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook primarily).
Experience in the construction industry with regards to drafting is a huge plus. Civil/structural engineering exposure is also a plus.
Bill of materials and/or material takeoff experience is desirable. We are looking for someone that has the ability to quantify parts and pieces and create an accurate bill of materials using a proprietary spreadsheet.
-Prior construction experience is a huge plus
-Proficient in MS Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)