Controls and Automation Specialist
Sonoma - Permanent - $34-$36/hour
job number 125417
Do you have a degree in Robotics/Engineering Technology? We have a great job opportunity for you, if you are looking to find a new company to work with! A wine warehouse facility is looking for a Controls and Automation Specialist to join their team. This role is to ensure that all site controls are at their optimum conditions. This role will also identify new opportunities to drive continuous improvements to the lines, machine centers, processes and asset reliability in general. The Controls and Automation Specialist will work together with Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Manager to effectively deploy resources towards new improvements or projects.
CORE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure compliance with safety and food safety guidelines
· Troubleshoot, service and fix the computerized systems and automated devices
· Perform routing diagnostic checks on automated systems
· Monitor automated systems, isolate problems and perform repairs
· Drive continuous improvement on the performance of the assets and controls in general
· Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a program design
· Assist with integration and automation of new equipment in plant
· Conducts continuous improvement studies through automation design, cost benefit analysis and maintenance
This is the right job for you if you...
· University, College robotic/engineering technology, or five years related experience in manufacturing with training in PLC programming
· Physically able to repeatedly lift a 40-pound case of wine
· Experience in database management , analyzing and reporting data regarding asset reliability
· Thorough comprehension of reading, writing and speaking English
· Willing and able to work overtime and weekends as needed
· Mathematical abilities, including: the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
· Proficiency with basic computer operations and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Interested in this job? Call directly to 707-552-7800 to learn more and apply!
Job seekers with experience in the following positions are encouraged to apply.
Relay Technician/Automation Specialist
Machine Shop Automation Specialist
System Automation Specialist
Building Automation Specialist