P/T Office Aide/Receptionist
- Receive visitors and/or redirect foot traffic to the appropriate Department regarding various City services, scheduled, appointments, meetings;
- Screen phone calls, take messages and/or provide factual information regarding City activities, services;
- Type a wide variety of reports, forms for specialized documents;
- Enter and retrieve data from on-line computer systems or previously established reports, forms;
- Write service tickets/requests when customers call regarding problems;
- Follow-up with on-call service workers to confirm that employees are dispatched to address utility issues;
- Perform basic office responsibilities as assigned.
- Possess excellent communication skills requiring tact and good judgement when explaining semi-technical information to citizens;
- Ability to understand and execute basic oral or written instructions;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a small-team environment;
- Possess basic-intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Be fluent in basic office functions (copying, faxing, scanning documents);
- Ability to change priorities quickly;
- Ability to adapt to a diverse work environment;
- Experience working for a public utility is preferred.
Scheduling and coordinating
Maintenance and construction projects
Basic understanding of what could happen after a phone call has concluded (e.G. A phone call could lead to the dispatch of workers who perform work, etc.